At seven months old, Apollo has been on 8 plane rides (including layovers). Packing my carry-on for the baby has become an art. When it comes to my every day diaper bag, I like to keep it to the bare minimum. But there are so many variables that come to play on the plane so I like to make sure I am prepared for anything. This was my first trip using the Fawn Design bag. I’ve coveted this bag since I was pregnant and I have to say it exceeded my expectations. It’s great quality and I can fit SO MUCH in it. I highly recommend it.The bag comes in other colors and you can find them here.
Baby Carry-On Essentials:
- Diapers: We exclusively cloth diaper at home but when traveling, we use disposables. The Honest Company Diapers is my go-to because of the materials it’s made of – plant based and no harsh chemicals. I pack an average of 6 diapers.
- Wipes: Not just for diaper changes but planes are not the cleanest place. I like to wipe down the seats/arm rest/table and whatever he may touch.
- Honest Healing Balm: This doubles as a diaper rash cream and lotion.
- Hand Sanitizer: Absolutely necessary.
- Changing Pad: We use this simple one from JJ Cole.
- Change of Clothes & Extra Bib: Accidents happen. I like one pieces as back ups.
- Wet Bags: In the event he soils his clothes, I like to keep a wet bag to keep my bag from getting stinky.
- UpSpring MilkFlow Capsules: This helps because I don’t drink as much when I’m flying to avoid too many bathroom breaks. This helps my milk supply from being affected.
- Hylands Teething Tablets: The baby started teething so this helps with the pain.
- Snack: For me and the baby.
- Drink Bottle: I like to bring a bottle of Suja juice with me to the airport and drink before we enter security. It’s filled with vitamins that help strengthen my immunity because airports and planes are notoriously germ infested. I refill it with water once we’re inside the airport.
- Toys: Sophie is his favorite for teething and he loves Everest the Penguin to cuddle with during naps.
- Tranquilo Mat: This is more of a luxury but this little mat has different vibration settings. It magically soothes him when he’s cranky which has helped me save face among other passengers.
- For Mom: Makeup Bag, Phone, Charger & Wallet, Camera.
There you have it! I have to say again just how much I love the Fawn Design Bag! It holds so much and carrying it is a breeze with the messenger or backpack option. It’s replaced my additional camera bag also as it fits my extra lens, charger & extras for this mama-razzi. See the bag in action below. Also, as you can see, Taz has flown with us a few times. If you plan on traveling with your pet, see my tips here.