I tuned in to HGTV’s Fixer Upper earlier tonight while Apollo and I cleaned up after dinner. Well, I’d sing the “clean up” song as I put his toys away in the box and he’d subsequently take them out again. The episode featured a newly acquired commercial space they turned into a bakery. I’ve seen Joanna with baked goods here and there on the show but had no idea she was a serious baker. Seriously? How does she do it? She mothers four children, does house renos, runs a realty, has a farm, and is now opening a bakery? Seeing the finished outcome of the bakery made me nostalgic of my old baking days. Joanna’s success as well as her drive brought on this new inspiration. Because is she can do all the things, then why can’t I? So I got to thinking about my 35 before 35.
At 31 years old, I’ve accomplished quite a bit in my life. We’ve bought a house, traveled to beautiful destinations, started and sold a business, started a new life in a new state, and brought a new life into the world. Back in my old Xanga blogging days, I wrote a post about the 10 things I wanted to do before I turned 30. The post is now lost in the world wide web abyss. I do recall a few things I’ve knocked off like the stuff mentioned above. One year into my third decade, it’s about time I started a new list to start checking off.
Intentions: 35 before 35
- Buy and sell at least one house a year starting this year.
- Foster a child.
- Run a half marathon.
- Upgrade my laptop to an iMac.
- Go back to the Philippines.
- People watch at the Eiffel Tower.
- Open up a vegan bakery.
- Establish Every Super Woman as brand for female creatives/empowerment.
- Speak on a panel about veganism.
Treat my husband to a Bronco’s game.
- Treat my mom and sister to a girl’s getaway.
- Live debt free.
- Achieve a 6-pack.
- Get box tickets to a Patriots game at Gillette.
- Meet and establish relationships with some of my favorite digital creatives.
- Take Apollo to see animals in the wild at an African safari.
- Volunteer with Habitat for Humanity.
- Read 4 books in one month with the hopes of reading more.
- Be able to do 10 pull-ups (not chin-ups).
- Squat & dead lift 200 lbs.
- Enter a NPC Bikini Competition.
- Go on a spontaneous weekend getaway.
- Attend blogging/networking conference.
- Go on a wine tour in Napa Valley.
- Start a garden.
- Travel to Greece.
- Adopt a dog.
- Run a full marathon.
- Attend a vigil with Toronto Pig Save.
- Visit Alaska.
- Do a boudoir photo shoot.
Take Apollo camping.
- Indulge in an all day spa day by myself.
- Establish a YouTube channel.
- Take my parents on vacation.